Friday, April 11, 2008

Sluts.com…

(I just know this is going to come up in the search engines of those looking for something decidedly different from a blog!)

Let’s just start, shall we? Since when did the ads for legitimate dating sites find it necessary to look like hook-up sites? There’s a real difference between a website that lets you connect with “the hottest chicks in your area” and whatever guy they have on their end and something like Match or eHarmony or whatever.

I mention this because I logged onto my Yahoo email today and was greeted with an ad for Singles.net, which sounds like a legitimate site. The ad didn’t tell me much about who I would hypothetically meet – No, I don’t check to see if I have any matches on there, despite encouragements in the ads of places like Match and eHarmony, which I take umbrage with but will save for another time – but the ad did show the most gloriously slutty pair of tits I’d seen all day.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I have no problem with tits. The last thing I ever want to do is write something anti-tit, but seriously do they screen these girls? How do they know, otherwise? How do I get this job?

Sometimes, I am gladdened by the thought that I am no longer out there but this peek has me wondering if the dating world has changed so drastically since Vicky and I met… or if they’ve just honed their marketing strategy to one of those old favorites: Sex sells!

No comments: