Tuesday, May 06, 2008

This is how sleepwalking fucks with you…

12:30am… this morning…

I awake, suddenly remembering the two final things I need to write down on my list. Sure, it’s the middle of the night but I’ve been working on my list and I should write down these final, two things. Anyway, if I go back to sleep, I’ll forget them and then where will I be?

Okay. Okay. So, I get up, get dressed and start walking down the stairs.

It’s at this point when the final two things become kind of fuzzy in my head, the two items that were so clear to me just moments before.

In fact, as I near the bottom of the stairs… I realize… something… else…

And, standing at the bottom of the stairs, it’s clear to me that there was no final, two things! In fact, there was no list! Once again, I’ve fooled myself into waking up!

And now, here it is at 3:30am and I’m still awake.

… I figured I’d share it, make my waking up somewhat worth it…

No comments: