Thursday, May 29, 2008

Employment – I got a job!…

Yep, the long – though not so long as last time, believe me – ordeal of being unemployed is finally over. On Monday, I’ll be starting work at – surprise – a networking company, one of Linksys’ competitors, funnily enough. I won’t be a writer but will, again, be involved in product management and marketing. It looks like my life as a professional writer is fading into the distance… a moment of silence, please.

Once I start seeing some money rolling in, we’re looking forward to donating a couple bucks to Jenn’s 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer. (Now, honestly, I could make a joke here but it’s just so obvious, you know? Why bother? You know what it is. Why should I tell you? Let’s just gets past it.) (No, I don’t think I’m above it, I just think it’s pointless. I mean, it’s so easy. You’ve already thought of it yourself so there’s no need for me to repeat what we both know is coming.) (What? Yes, of course, all the other readers know. It’s an obvious joke! They get it. Trust me.) (So, we’re clear, then? I can move on? No need to make the joke? Okay. Good. Thank you.) Why she wants to send Breast Cancer to summer camp is beyond me but I’m looking forward to helping her achieve her goal.

It’ll be nice getting back to work again… I’m looking forward to my first vacation…

No comments: