Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's not like I'm asking for the world...

So, today I came up with a possible topic for my philosohpy paper: Constructing a Theory of Free Will on Newton's Laws of Motion.

Eclectic yet applicable, I figured I had a winner that could not help but impress.

My co-worker, Kathy, an attractive, young thing, asked me if I'd come up with a topic. I said, "Yes, I'm going to write about constructing a workable theory of free will from Newton's Laws of Motion."

"Oh," she said. "Well, good luck." And how did she sound? Bored. She sounded bored.

Free will! You know, that thing nobody knows if we have or not. I'm going to construct a workable theory about it based on Newtonian physics, which is like using a paper clip and bubble gum!

... seriously, I’m like the black hole of impressive…

No comments: