Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Never fucking cute enough...

"Rom-coms have been blamed by relationship experts at Heriot Watt University for promoting unrealistic expectations when it comes to love."

I've been saying this for years and now somebody has done a study.

I'm right.

Just look at it. How the hell can anyone live up to these damned things? I'm a guy who has spent his life being taken for granted, taken advantage, all the while towing the immense expectations romantic comedies expect us to live up to! I guess it's good timing, then, because this is one guy who is getting tired of trying to live up to the perfection romantic comedies say I'm supposed to provide. Hey, at best, I'm flawed. I'm sick of these movies telling women that they shouldn't settle for someone who isn't rich or perfect.

Now to take on those fucking sports films...

No comments: