Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Ranting against Obama....

Here's the short version. Obama and Clinton went at it during the primary. Now, Obama appoints Clinton his Sec'o'State. And, when some reporter asks him where the big change came, he acts cute about it.

Now, listen, I support Obama but, more importantly, I support a change from the Bush years. And if there's one thing Bush was great at was getting all cute instead of answering questions. We don't need that.

But here's what really got to me...

I was reading Huffington Post today and there was a story about how Campbell Brown took offense at Obama's response. I understood; I felt the same way. But I was appalled at the comments by the readers, supporters of Obama, who employed the same vitriol and took the same umbrage with reason as Bush supporters have whenever he's been asked a question during these past eight years. What the hell is that? Folks, it's one thing to support Obama but, when he does wrong, it is up to us to call him on it. Even if it's just between us and never reaches his ears. Because the tiny voices of many can be a roar that keeps him on the straight and narrow.

The last thing we need is a bunch of blind followers. That's what led us to Iraq, and torture, and our failed economy... and on and on... we don't need more.

No comments: