Monday, December 01, 2008

Annie Potts in Designing Women starring in...

Vicky and I did something a little different Saturday night.

No, I'm not talking about "things you lube"...

Since I hadn't heard any feedback yet on Murielle's Big Date, we decided to give it a read ourselves. With four characters, Vicky would read two and I would read two. In the end, it was a lot of fun. It's a very funny plan.

The best part, though, was Vicky, because she felt it necessary to give each of her characters their own voice. One character she read in her own voice. The other character, well, had me laughing and laughing. Now, Vicky's not used to getting laughs so I think she took offense.

"Why are you laughing?" she asked.

"Because you sound like Annie Potts in Designing Women!"

And she did. It was fucking hilarious!

Writing this now, I realize she actually sounded like a cross between Amy Madigan and Annie Potts in Designing Women, which makes it even funnier!

No comments: