Monday, February 11, 2008

You can call me Ray…

Maybe it’s just me, but have you ever met someone whose name doesn’t fit?

Back in high school, I had a make-up girl (it was my first play) whose name was Cheryl but “Susan” just fit her much better. She didn’t look like a Cheryl. She looked like a Susan. So, I called her Susan – and I was the only person who was allowed, by the way. (Suave and clueless all in one package!)

Well, it’s happened again. There’s this guy at work whose name is Ali. Oddly, he looks like an Ali. He sounds like an Ali, too. But I keep wanting to call him “Ray”. I say, “Good morning, Ra- Ali.”

Son of a bitch, you know?

So, here’s hoping I’m not the only person with this problem. Otherwise, I might have to talk to my wife…. Vicky…. Cause I don’t even DARE make that joke!

No comments: