Thursday, June 05, 2008

The word is “shitty”…

At the risk of this blog becoming “Ken bitches about this shitty new job” – 24/7 – well, let’s go.

I thought it couldn’t get any worse than making them understand in the interview how important school is to me and then having them be completely inflexible about my work schedule to the point where I won’t be able to make it to class. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than my two-faced son of a bitch boss acting like we’re pals in front of people and then having him ask me into conference rooms and offices where he conveniently yells and threatens me. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than him taking credit for my ideas and then accusing me of not doing my job. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than being told that my job would be writing ad copy when it really turns out to be data entry. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than being yelled at and insulted by three foot tall Chinese woman for not volunteering to work over the weekend. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than being hired for my skills as a writer and then being told I might get some remedial tasks if I prove myself over the years.

It’s worse. I called EDD today to see if I could get out of this shithole job and reopen my unemployment claim, for which I had (there’s a hint) three months remaining. Nope. The way they look at it, I have a job – I’m no longer jobless – it doesn’t matter how shitty it is. So, I’ve got to remain at this new job no matter what until I find a new one.

Feeling pretty shitty right about now…

No comments: