Friday, October 31, 2008

Best Pro-8 ad EVER...

As I'm pulling into work this morning, a radio advert tells me that homosexuals now have every right straight people have. They can vote. They can own property. They can even walk down the street without being lynched in most places. Isn't that enough?

The "do they really need to be equal" argument is not new to me, probably because I remember hearing adults use it about black people when I was a kid. "Do we have to let them live in our neighborhood and marry white women?" they'd say. The answer was a resounding, "Yes, and shut the fuck up."

If you find yourself asking if homosexuals really deserve all the same rights as everyone else on election day, remind yourself just how petty, intolerant, and outright ignorant you sound, punch yourself in the mouth really hard, and vote NO on 8.

No comments: