Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Political politics politically politicking...

I haven't mentioned anything political in a while. I haven't had to. McCain and Palin are such obvious parodies of themselves, nobody is listening, so I haven't had to worry. Obama/Biden make a decent choice as far as moving in the right direction, so.... I mean, I'd prefer a strong, Green candidate but since those terms seem contradictory at this point...

Still, there's one thing I do want to mention. For those of you in California, that's Proposition 8.

Before I mention that, however, I'd like to quickly cover the issue of gay marriage. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? The universe did not implode the second homosexuals got the right to marry and dogs and cats aren't living together so why don't you pack away your bigotry in your old kit bag and shut the fuck up.

Now... to Proposition 8.

I hate having to vote against being for something that's against something. It pisses me off.

Prop 8, a vote for hate, removes a person's right to get married. So, if you vote for it, you're voting against equality. If you vote against it, you're voting for equality. You see how fucked up this is? I hate it. I just want to tear the fucking thing right out of my sample ballot.

But I can't.

It's at home.

The thing is, it made me look like an idiot to my wife the other day. I said, "Hey, did you hear that Obama doesn't support 8? That's nearly enough to make me vote against him."

"Why would you vote against him?" she asked.

I went "Buh buh buh"...

She said, "A vote for 8 is a vote for hate. Didn't you know that?"

Fucking backwards laws. I hate 'em!

Can we just have equal rights? Do we need these fucking idiots who will do anything to keep their bigotry?

... oh wait. Sorry. I live in America.

No comments: