Tuesday, July 22, 2003

The Linksys Braintrust...

Working where I do, I run into a lot of incredibly intelligent people.

Let me know if this sounds familiar to your own life.

Someone came to me today and asked me to write a new kind of document with a software product I've never used before. I said I could do it but couldn't promise when I'd be done as "I've never done it before."

He asked, "How long will it take you?"

"I don't know. I've never done it before."

"Do you think you could have it done by Friday?"

"I don't know. I've never done it before."

"When do you think you'll have it done?"

"I don't know. I've never done it before! Ask me how long it'd take me to fly to the sun?!"

At this point, I was really suprised to see him glance skyward and actually ponder the question for a moment, before asking, "How long would it take you to fly to the sun?"

"I don't know! I've never done it before!!"

No comments: