Wednesday, July 16, 2003

The Walker Sleeps Tonight... Walking...

Yep. It's happened.

After weeks of nightmares, now I have something else to worry about.

Last night I caught myself sleepwalking. Not once, either. Twice.

The first one was at about 11:30pm. I woke up standing next to my bed. That was enough to keep my up until nearly 2:30am. Then, I had this nightmare. I dreamed I was trapped in a hotel room and I had to get out, but they'd taken my clothing. I couldn't just run out naked, so I wrapped a blanket around me and headed for the door. The problem was, I couldn't get the door open while holding the blanket. In reality, I was struggling against my blanket and trying to open the door while asleep. I woke up realizing this and turned to see most of my bed on the floor... it must have been a humdinger of a nightmare.

So, I'm sleepwalking again.

Last summer, I sleepwalked almost every night I could sleep - which was only two to three nights each week. One time, I woke up while driving on the freeway. After months of that, I tried to kill myself.

Is that what I have to look forward to?

Stay tuned.

No comments: