Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Music like you were 16...

Do you remember when you were 16 years old, and you'd listen to a song until your ears nearly dropped off? You'd listen to it until it was burned into your head. You'd listen to it as though you'd never hear it again.

Well, that happened to me tonight.

Al Stewart's new album is coming out soon. Those who know me know that my life is marked by Al Stewart albums. The first CD I ever bought was Time Passages. I opened my first apartment with Last Days of the Century. My first band, Limited Infinity, learned Year of the Cat from Rhymes in Rooms. I love Al's music. I don't think there's anything out there that can still touch that part of my heart burned away by age and bitterness like his music.

And, so, his new album is coming out. You can listen to one track from it, Mona Lisa Talking, by clicking the slideshow on this link... it's nothing that'll shock the hell out of you but it is quite exceptional. I listened to it over and over.

I can't wait until I get the disk...

No comments: