Friday, June 17, 2005

More Changes…

Before we begin, I have an announcement to make. I've hit the 100,000 word mark in the new book! Normally, this would signify proximity with the finale… such is not the case. I'm only in September 2003, one year before Vicky and I moved in together, writing through a summer where nightmares and sleepwalking mixed. But I cannot imagine this book growing to more than 150,000 words. Then, I'll take it, put it in the food processor, and see what comes out.

Vic, do we have a food processor?

Now, for the changes. As you might surmise, the have to do with this site. I don't really know how to put into words how I feel about the way My Side has been fouled…. Here's a allegory for you:

So, there's this guy who's built something he's very proud of - a house, a ship, whatever. He decides to show it to his friends when someone says, "Oh, yeah? This is yours? Here, let me piss all over it! Now, let me kick it a few times and break it. Is this wrong? I'm sorry. Here! Now I'll shit on it!" And so on.

That's what I feel has happened to this site.

You can probably guess that means it won't be around much longer. My Side as we know it will soon be over. And let anyone think otherwise, it was a loss I will never forgive.

I'm looking into alternatives but I expect this site will close sometime in August.

No comments: