Monday, January 26, 2004

Dreaming in Spanish...

Recently, I changed the station on my alarm clock-radio. The premise was that if I was awakened to a station that sounded horrible, I wouldn't want to listen to it and I would wake up that much faster. This sounded like a logical premise to me and it did work for a while.

I set my radio to a Spanish station, covered in static. Not only was it a language I didn't understand but, had I understood Spanish, with all the static I still wouldn't have understood it!

This created an interesting twist.

This morning, before I awoke, I had a dream, entirely in Spanish. I was in an old film - I think it was a western - it was pretty disoncerting. After I woke up, I realized that the static on the radio provided the aging of the Spanish western... why the hell I was there, I'll never know!

No comments: