Friday, February 18, 2005

Geek Addictions...

Everyone knows I'm a smoker.

Everyone knows I'm a drinker.

Everyone knows I'm addicted to ice cream and video games and puns of many lands...

I am what they called an "addictive personality", which is to say I get into shit.

My most recent addiction has been moderately better for me than most but so steeped in geekdom that I have to a crown of geekliness around the house. Vicky makes me. I'm not kidding.

Yes, we're talking about Audible. Oh my god, how I love Audible. I joined back in July, thinking it would only be temporary... and was shocked to discover that this morning! Temporary?! Sure, like life if temporary! Hell, if this keeps up, people are going to wonder which relationship will last longer: Vicky or Audible!

With that in mind, I decided to cancel my account. It was getting to be too much! (Submitted for your consideration for the Understatement of the Year Award!) I downloaded my last two last night, one history book and one travel book (by Michael Palin), and this morning I was ready to cancel the whole thing.

... But then, I found out I could lower my subscription to the Basic level, saving me some money. Sure it would mean only one book each month but - believe me - once you burn a book on CD and put it in your car and listen to it as you drive - OKAY! SO I'M A GEEK! FINE! I SAID IT! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

... I need help.

No comments: