Friday, September 19, 2003

Play it Again... three more times...

Yep, we close "Play it Again" this weekend, just three shows to go. I've grown surprisingly fond of this show, considering how much I hated it at the beginning. I say "surprisingly fond" because I'm actually only moderately fond of it - but I never expected that! I never thought I'd see the day when the sound of a British Bogart didn't sicken me!

It's probably a good thing it's ending, speaking for myself. You see, last night, I peaked. I'd been putting on a pretty funny performance (as always, I was cast in the goofball role) up until then but last night I had the audience so far in the palm of my hand I could have killed them all with one clap. There's nothing quite like that feeling. Though I've never walked on a tightrope, I'd say it's a lot like that. You're treading dangerous and unknown waters - and loving it! One misstep and you lose them. Well, I didn't lose them - I worked them and they loved me. I was on fire and everyone - especially my fellow actors - knew it. Now, I know how this works. I'll never be that good in this show again. Rarely, do you peak twice. I'm just glad it happened before the run ended.

As some of you may know, I've already made some plans for what comes next. It won't be another show. I've got to work on me: Ken.

You'll hear more about that next week. For now, I'm going into the closing weekend and plan to wring whatever pleasure if can get from it.

No comments: