Friday, December 05, 2003

It's just another Fuckin' Friday... (for the Bangles)

Well, here we are, coming out the business end of another work week, wondering what we'll do with our weekend.

My weekend will be a busy mix of misery and fun.

Tonight is the Linksys Christmas Party and, rather than show my "can't get a date" ass there for hours of being a third wheel amongst married and otherwised coupled people, I'll be going to the theater for a brush up on the part before my first performance tomorrow night.

About the dating thing. Here's the deal. Ready? There are two ladies here... attractive... both of them say they'd never date a nerd or a geek and won't so much as say, "Hi," to me, which I figure puts me beneath nerds and geeks. Lovely. Well, I overheard both of them say today that they didn't have a date for tonight. Apparently, their standards are so high, they'd rather be alone than with a nerd of a geek or even acknowledge my existence... what the fuck?!

Tim's coming up this weekend, just in time for my depression. I was doing better last night, shooting pool with Sean, kicking Sean's ass (!), but today I'm under a cloud.

Fuck it.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: