Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Resolutions...

With the New Year barrelling down on us like drunken hippos on crack, I guess it's time for me to talk about resolutions.

Everybody makes resolutions it seems... if you watch a lot of sitcoms, at least... the key here is not to go overboard. Don't resolve to love all peoples, to save the world, to cure cancer. Screw that. Resolve to do something you can do... for a change!

With that in mind, here's my New Year's Resolution: I've had a pair of sneakers now for nearly ten years, nearly a decade. Rosa and I moved into our house in 1995 and I had those shoes. Those shoes saw me through the dying days of my marriage, through my divorce, through loneliness. I've been on walks with them, on stage with them, on drives with them. They're fucking old.

Tonight, I'm throwing those shoes AWAY!!!


... let's see if I can do it.

No comments: