Monday, December 01, 2003

A Ring to It...

I'm back. For those of you wondering how my trip went, look for "Thanksgiving 2003", coming soon. (Did you want one?)

While I was gone, I found myself thinking of my wedding ring.

After Rosa and I split up, I didn't know what to do with my ring. Should I pawn it? Should I sacrifice it to the sea? (After all, it was a penny pitched into the sea that brought Rosa to me...) Not knowing what to do, I kept it hidden away in my sock drawer where I would occasionally look at it and ponder...

Well, a few weeks ago, I had the strangest dream. I dreamed (pay attention) that I was sleepwalking and I did something with my ring. I didn't remember the dream when I awoke and didn't recall it for a while. When I did, I couldn't be sure if I had actually sleepwalked, if I had dreamed that I'd sleepwalked, or if I'd confused everything. Surely, my ring was safe.

Then, while on vacation, I thought about some of the bizarre things I had done while sleepwalking: hiding things away, bringing all my bedding to the creek... It was entirely possible I had done something to the ring.

Upon returning, I looked... and it was gone. I don't know where it is. I probably never will.

And so I'm welcomed home...

No comments: