Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Stories from Arizona - Part One

(Heck if I know if there'll be a part two!)

So, we're at "On the Border" for dinner and Blanche is making all kinds of conversation.

It was at this point that I began thinking about how useless conversation with me really is. I mean, most of my life is written right here for you to read. (Kind of strange, really.) What's the point in talking? In fact, there were several times when I just wanted to say, "Yes, Blanche, that's all in the Blog." And that's so - I don't know what - that I get disgusted with myself.

On the upside, what writing all of this does (if, indeed, anyone reads it) is give me an opportunity to let others speak about themselves. (No matter what either Tim might say!) You know, I'm not so self-absorbed in my real life because I've dealt with it in my Blog. (Mind you, you never hear some of the best bits - I have some discretion!) There are some things I won't talk about because writing about it rids me of that need to talk - the subject then bores me! So, we spent a lot of time talking about Dad and Blanche and their house hunt and their plans, etc.

Everyone gets into a little self-absorption now and then. It's all a matter of when you do it, I guess.

No comments: