Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Now and Then...

This is the only NOW you'll ever have... no.... this one...

No....

This one....

When we stacked all of our junk up against the garage door - keeping in mind that our garage was converted to a spare room - we never expected water to seep in during the wetting winter on record. But it did. And I was just lucky enough to have put the box that has everything I have left of my life with Rosa on the ground against that door.

Yep. You got it.

Wet box.

Vicky gave me a big Rubbermaid container to transfer everything into.

... I did that today.

One of the first things I saw was that, with our old wedding album, there were two packs of extra inserts. Just like Rosa to buy extra she'd never use and leave me to clean it up. I tossed them, thinking that would be the last time I'd ever clean up after her... two years after I last saw her.

Then, the wedding album on top, I just opened it up for shits and giggles.

... and there we were.

God. We were so young. She was so beautiful. I was actually not too bad looking, believe it or not.

In all the pictures, we smiled.

And I felt that pain in your gut like someone trying to force a '57 Chevy into your liver and my breath caught and I put the book away. I packed up the rest of the box. And I put it at the bottom of a stack of other boxes.

No comments: