Thursday, November 13, 2003

Preparations begin for "Thanksgiving Adventure 2003"...

You know, this is beginning to be an annual thing! Well, I've got the week of Thanksgiving off, which means you won't be hearing from me from the 22nd to the 29th. Yep, I'll be on the road.

Where on the road? I'm not sure. I know I'll be hitting Tim & Autumn's place but the long-range forecast is so shoddy at this point (and it is "long-term" so it could be wrong, right?) that it looks like all the mountain roads are going to be socked in with snow. Not good. Ken does not have snow tires. As much as driving off a cliff to my doom appeals to me, with my luck the cliff will only be five feet deep and the doom will be a car repair bill.

Must think... think think... think think think...

The Christmas CDs are only partially prepared. I'll need to get those done before the 21st, even if it means not going to the gym. One thing I'll tell you - my voice could put a narcoleptic to sleep! I just drone on and on and on and... well, you know. Who the hell's going to want to listen to that?! (I better hurry up and find someone to blame this debacle on!)

I'm toying with the idea of visiting Audrey, my sister, while I'm in Oregon. Audrey and I have some bad blood between us after, a few years back, she asked me for dad's address so she could send him some rather vitriolic hate mail. I took that as an abuse of our relationship and have been at arm's length since. Now, I'm wondering what a short visit would hurt... and also what good it would do...

But I have a week and a half to figure that out... and to get the CDs together... and to find out about the weather...

We'll see then.

No comments: