Wednesday, November 05, 2003

work, work, etc...

A couple days off from the gym. After finding out Rosa had her baby. It was too difficult to move for a while, so I didn't.

I took some time to work on a couple Christmas cds. One is called "Love Out of Time". As I make more of these, I begin to see them more as art than just a silly cut-and-paste exercise of music. This cd talks about love but there's so much more and the title can be taken in so many ways. I like that.

Another will be called "Odds 'n Edsels", sounding as odd as the name. I decided it would make a nice counterpoint to "Love Out of Time" to make some silliness.

The third, "Ken 3.7", will be the most difficult. Most of the cd will be me. For the first time, I've decided to put myself on the cd - my monologues, Blog entries, thoughts, other things. This is going to be difficult because you usually don't just sit down and record. I'll have to, though, because I don't have a lot of time. Also, I'm planning on doing some rather complicated editing - and that will take some time. So, my plan right now is to get in there and just record and record and record until I'm blue in the face... see how that comes out.

I can't help thinking that this is a poor surrogate for having a child. But it's either this or nothing right now. I've got to force myself to be busy, force myself to ignore the sadness of reality. I'll be returning to the gym tonight.

No comments: