Thursday, April 01, 2004

The OC Register compared me to James Bond... the review of Something to Hide...

Well, the waiting is over. Today's OC Register came out and compared me to James Bond...

I mean, the review of Something to Hide was in today's Orange County Register. The review was by Eric Marchese, who doesn't often give gushingly good reviews but I dare say this was one of them. He loved the play - and compared me to James Bond - and gave us one of the best reviews I've read from him.

And he compared me to James Bond.

Tickets are nearly sold out - we didn't need this for ticket sales but, still, it's very gratifying.

And he compared me to James Bond.

This has been a long road and a very difficult part, as you all know, but this review helps make it a little more worthwhile.

...

What? What's that you say? Oh, the James Bond thing? Don't bring that up. You know I hate to brag.

Well, if you really MUST know, here's what he had to say about my performance:

"Ken La Salle exhibits a calm, cool-headedness, reminiscent of Roger Moore..."

So, all those directors who wouldn't cast me before can EAT THAT!

No comments: