Thursday, April 08, 2004

This week's episode: Murder in Cheesequake!...

(Disclaimer: This entry has absolutely nothing to do with cheeses or earthquakes. But here's a big shout-out to all you readers in Cheesequake, New Jersey!... or just New Jersey... or just the east coast. Hi, Rich! Um, you're also going to find little reference to murder here.)

(Basically, I'm just running out of subject lines.)

I finally got some sleep last night. Three hours. Not much. In fact, I'm pretty much losing it right now. That said, one of my first thoughts this morning was, "What are you going to do if you stay home? It's not like you're going to sleep! Your DVD player is broke! Just go to work and maybe you'll sleep there!"

And, so, here I am.

I have a show tonight but I'm not worried. Sure, I've slept all of about five hours this week - less than an hour a day! - but I'm pretty sure that, once I'm on stage, the adrenaline will kick in and I'll be fine. Strange thing about theater, it's very hard to be sick on stage. Whatever baggage you had leaves you once you become the character. Howard Holt has no problems sleeping and, so, Howard Holt will be wide awake. It's really strange because you become the other person. (Maybe that's one reason why I act!) I've never known an experience like it.

Now, that doesn't come without its expense. Usually, a couple hours after the show, I crash from exhaustion - especially a show as taxing as this one. I'm hoping this will help reset my body clock and I'll return to a Ken-like version of normality.

And, if not, I can always sleep on Saturday.

No comments: