Friday, August 20, 2004

To a delux apartment in the sky-y-y...


There was a plan... it was a well thought out plan... it was a plan that would have worked... for the first time in four years, with the exception of the time I went to the Grand Canyon, there was a plan.

Then, two months ago today, there was a kiss. Those of you who know about my life know that my life often turns on a kiss. Need an example? Look at how my marriage ended. That was the kiss of death. But two months ago today, I was given the kiss of life.

Mind you, it totally screwed up my plan. The plan was to be alone, to be miserable. It was a plan I could live with; a plan I could count on. You can really get your hands around misery. It's solid. It's stable. It's always there for you. Happiness comes and goes but misery puts down roots!

I turned my back on misery that night. You might say I betrayed misery. I betrayed the plan.

And I've never been happier.

I didn't know too much two months ago today but I knew that I had to see Vicky again. I knew I wanted to get to know her. So, I did. I saw her again, and again, and again. And the more I got to know her, the more I wanted to continue knowing her.

And now, I am sick of it.

I'm sick of waiting to see her again. I'm sick of waiting to be with her.

So, to hell with the plan. The plan was to buy a condo/townhouse (even a home if I could get so lucky) alone and live alone and be alone with my friends: booze, smokes, and misery.

Who needs them when you got Vicky?

I don't want to be alone. I want to be with her.

And so it is that today, two months to the day when we first met, that I can announce that Vicky and I will be moving in together next month. We're getting a two bedroom apartment for the time being and looking for a home (condo/townhouse - even a home if we could get so lucky!) together. We'll have four cats and a dog and each other.

Sounds like a plan!


No comments: