These things should come as no surprise by now:
• Shrub has emptied the Social Security trust fund by $507 billion to help offset fiscal irresponsibility and at the same time slashed Social Security benefits.
• Shrub has cut Medicare by 17 percent and reduced veterans’ benefits and military pay.
• Shrub has eliminated overtime pay for millions of Americans and raised oil prices by 50 percent.
• Shrub has given tax cuts to businesses that sent American jobs overseas, and, in fact, by policy encouraged their departure.
• Shrub has given away billions of tax dollars in government contracts without competitive bids.
• Shrub has involved this country in a deadly and highly questionable war, and
• Shrub has taken a budget surplus and turned it into the worst deficit in the history of the United States, creating a debt in just four years that will take generations to repay.
However, it should come as a surprise that the Lone Star Iconoclast, Shrub's hometown paper, reports all this by way of endorsing Shrub's opponent!