Sunday, August 03, 2003

So, what happened this weekend, anyway?

This weekend, I continued the month-long tradition of little sleep thanks to lots of nightmares. I figured I jot a couple of them down...

1) Friday night, I dreamed I snuck into Rosa's house but was so afraid of being caught and losing any chance of ever getting her back, I ran away. Only after I was nearly out of my apartment, did I realize I was dreaming. That didn't stop me from getting the hell out of here and driving away for several hours, though...

2) In Saturday's first nightmare, I walked out to my livingroom, to see Rosa and her baby lying on my sofa. I tried to talk to them. I tried to reach out to them. But they were like phantoms. I didn't awake screaming... I did awaken - I wasn't screaming. Anyway, I tried to go back to sleep, which led to the next nightmare...

3) I was pulled forward in time. Turned out, Rosa had drawn me decades into the future, where she owned just about everything and had set up a world where I would forever be miserable. Only after I woke up did I realize that she didn't need to move me forward in time to do that...

Last night, I went out and saw "The Bad Seed", which Lori was starring in. She was absolutely wonderful and blew me away because, in spite of piss-poor directing and some sad performances by other cast members, she still gave a great performance.

I realized how lucky I am to be surrounded by such talented people: Lori, Steve, Annie... well, there were others (Chris, Sherryl, etc.) but they're long gone. (BTW, I'd include Tim as one of the talented folk but he refuses to use his talent... grrr....)

Seeing that show helped put into perspective the show that I'm in. With a British Bogart, "Play It Again Sam" is looking pretty pathetic, but I can still try to do my best. Thanks, Lori.

No comments: