Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Postcards from a really fat man...

I hit the gym last night. I have to start my routine again (is it a "routine" if you don't do it all the time?) because I've crossed over the 230 zone and have started exploring pants-tightening territory... not good. So, return I do and exercise I must... ick. Last night, I hit the treadmill for 20 minutes and biked for 20 minutes.... starting slow. While I was on the treadmill, I was next to a buy who looked like... well he looked like he was in a fat suit. You know, one of those suits actors put on to look fat, like Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers movies. This guy was gargantuan! I could hear his treadmill strain against his weight. This wasn't funny; it was sad. I felt awful for this poor guy... and I wanted to smack the donut out of his hand.

I received good news from the world of house hunting. It looks like I have been qualified to look in the price-range I think I can afford: $250,000. It's funny because the combined income Rosa and I brought in couldn't get a qualified for nearly as much! The bad news that goes with that is painfully bad. Ten years ago, Rosa and I bought a 2000 square foot home with four bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths for $150,000. Now, that $250,000 will get me a one-bedroom condo - IF I'M LUCKY! We'll see...

After the gym, I came home and started downloading the new build of the World of Warcraft Beta. If anyone is wondering why I haven't done a lot of writing this summer, I think your reason is right there. Ghhhhaaaaaaa......

Then, a little later, I talked to Vicky. Boy, she better be as nice in person as she is over IM. Here's what I know about her so far: she's a bit of a work-aholic, a little neurotic, affectionate, careful with her words, permissive to her pets, and more of a tech geek than she likes to let on. In other words: pretty cool. I tell you, though, I hate dating. People are so suspicious, careful, afraid of getting hurt. (I should know. I'm one of them.)

We'll see what this weekend brings...

No comments: