Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas forecast…

Well, the weather outside is frightful and inside (my house) it's a mess - boxes everywhere!

But enough of that… today's my last day at work before the holiday so I thought I'd take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy (non-Christian for those FOX NEWS watchers out there) Christmas! Yes, the fundamentalists, the "born agains", are doing there best to repackage Christmas as a time of intolerance for all so it's up to us non-Christians to preach Christ's message of tolerance for all. Truly sad, as I used to be a Christian, that those "Christians" who yell the loudest always shout a message the would make Christ turn over in his tomb: pro-gun, pro-death penalty, anti-tolerance, help the rich and steal from the poor, etc.

I'm hoping for a relaxing holiday but I, honestly, don't see that happening. Come Monday, I'm sure I'll be looking back on a very different kind of holiday.

Anyway, I was planning quite a Christmas story this morning. An old-time, My Side, "Ken" kind of story. But I'm having a hard time putting it together in my head because it's very noisy here at work. (What do I expect? Nobody's going to actually "work" today!)

In lieu of that, let me wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Most of you will be opening presents soon - and you're probably wondering what happened to mine. Well, the house happened! I haven't had a chance to mass product the disks so I won't be getting them out until after the New Year. Think of this as a way of extending Christmas.

And so…

Merry Christmas to Tim Clostio up in San Francisco. Not a town you think of when you hear the word "Christmas" but certainly a town you think of when you hear the words "New Years"!

Merry Christmas to Sean & Megan… though they don't read My Side.

Merry Christmas to Tim & Autumn up in the wilds of Portland. Vicky and I both send our warmest wishes to you.

Merry Christmas to Richard Lind out in Florida, experiencing Christmas weather much like our own… Christmas in summer! (And where's my book?)

Merry Christmas to Rob and Jamie and family (I don't know how they remember the names of all their children!). It's an absolute shame, as close as they are, that we don't see more of each other!

Merry Christmas to Dwight, who got all of the other side of my family together in Arizona last weekend for a pre-Christmas celebration. Vicky and I couldn't make it thanks to the move but I hope you got the FedEx package I sent!

Merry Christmas to Dad, Blanche & Richard - though they don't read this site, either.

Merry Christmas to Lori and her family. One of my most loyal readers and a good friend.

Merry Christmas to Steph & Tony. I got your card and tried to reply and thank you but your ISP is rejecting the emails from my new address… I hate your ISP.

Merry Christmas to everyone I forgot. Forgive me. I've got a lot on my mind and it's hard to think while people here complain about how they have to be here on the day before the day before Christmas. (Not that they don't have a point…)

Merry Christmas to my readers. It's cool to have readers.

Merry Christmas to the Repugnicans, Hawks, Haters, and Misers… you should be ashamed of yourselves.

And, lastly and most importantly, Merry Christmas to Vicky, my love. We've been having problems since the move (just like after the last move!) but I'm hoping things settle down and we can be nice to each other again. I'm looking forward to spending our first Christmas together, even if our home doesn't feel "Christmas-y". ("Deck the halls with tons of boxes!")

No comments: