Wednesday, December 22, 2004

My Christmas List…

As a committed reader of My Side (and why do all my readers end up committed?), you're probably wondering about what I want for Christmas. What can you buy me, Ken, the writer who graces your eyes with such literary effluvium (but it's really good effluvium) every day (or so) for Christmas? How can such a meager soul, such as yourself, get me, Oh Ken, The Great One, just the right gift for Christmas?

Well, Vicky and I have been using the stock answer: Home Depot Gift Certificates!

But I'd like to take it one step beyond that.

You want to get me something for Christmas? Here's what you do:

1. Tell three people how much of a positive influence they've been on your life.
2. Do something to help the planet. (You choose.)
3. Hug someone.
4. Eat less meat.
5. Buy local.
6. Be good to you.
7. Be welcoming.
8. Life isn't meant to be safe. Enjoy differences.
9. Flip off a Republican.


And, lastly, here's what you can do for me this Christmas: Send me money!

Ho - Ho - freakin' Ho!

No comments: