Monday, October 27, 2003

Monday is HEALTH DAY...

(Before you ask, I got one hour of sleep.)

Well, it's been a week since my last cigarette and since I started working out every day. Boy, am I a moron.

My current weight is 230. My goal is 210. (Let's see how this goes...)

Keeping away from the cigarettes isn't as hard as I thought - probably because I know I'll be having a smoke with Tim up in Oregon next month. (It's called "delayed gratification".) The really tough part has been living in constant agony! All this exercising is killing me! Last night, I jogged 2.5 miles, biked 6 miles, did 90 sit-ups, and did 3 sits of 12 on 3 weight machines. (I'm doing everything by multiples of 3 so I remember what settings the machines are supposed to be at.)(Yes, the 2.5 miles jogged fits into that somehow.) That's a workout of about 1 1/4 hours long - long enough! I even had to tone things down a bit because I could barely walk, but I'll kick 'em back up again eventually. I figure that if I keep this up, I should be halfway to my goal by the end of next month. (That's 2 pounds/week - not impossible.... I think...)

The downside, of course, is that all this time at the gym is taking away from time at home... doing nothing... you know, the "good old days". Oh, I still have some time. I got my list down to nine items this weekend (from the original 29 items). Saturday, I spent some time watching movies. It just so happened that, in all the movies I watched, everyone smoked! (Oh, I hated that!)

And so, a new week begins.

Rosa had her baby shower this weekend (or, should I say, one of them), which means that we're getting closer and closer to D-day. The effect I'm already feeling is so awful, I don't want to know what's going to happen to me when she delivers. (Just forgive me if I start smoking again.) I mean, think about this. Not only did she not want to have a child with me, she didn't want me around this child, either - even when she was carrying it. To her, I must be the lowest possible...

And now the weather! As some of you may know, we're in forest fire season here in Southern California. Now, while the fires are nowhere near me, I can say that it's brought some showers in my area... showers of ash! The interesting thing (I don't dare say "cool thing" - I doubt anyone whose home burnt down would think it's "cool") is how all the ash did a number on the sun. Sitting behind this cloud of ash, the sun looks awful small and the ambient daylight is like a neon orange... surreal. I also wanted to mention that one of the fires is in Alpine, in San Diego county. This isn't near me - obviously - but it is near where Roberson used to live. I hope he's okay.

And that's it for today... that's enough...

No comments: