Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Someone to stop me...

You've heard me talk long and hard on the subject of my famous ex-bride and my undying love for her...

Now, it's time you hear one of the reasons why I'm in deep, deep trouble without her.

When I was about 17 years old, I discovered Kurt Vonnegut. I bought the book, Sirens of Titan, and loved it. And, suddenly, I had to own all of his books! Later, I got into comic books. I started by buying a Spiderman comic book. Suddenly, I had to own all of the comic books. Yes... all! Recently, I became a fan of DVDs. And, well... you got it.

It's a problem of self-control. Alone, I have nothing to stop me from fulfilling any whim that may possess me. And there goes my money. "Bye bye, money!"

Rosa helped give me purpose beyond the whim and goals beyond the impulse purchase. And I liked that.

Oh, sure, that's a very small reason why I need to be with her.

The thing is...

well...

I've recently become a Garrison Keillor fan and I'm on his web site right now about to spend a lot of money...

No comments: