Thursday, May 06, 2004

The age when your ears begin to peel...

I'm 38 years old, for those of you who were still wondering, and I work at a company with a lot of younger people. ("Younger" people are those younger than 30. Anyone between 30 and my age aren't that young so don't be so full of yourself. Anyone younger than 18 can rot in hell.) A gaggle of these girls - wolves travel in packs, young women in gaggles - work over the wall from me and have been, for this entire morning, doing nothing but talking about the "FRIENDS" finale in tones and pitches so high my ears have literally begun to peel from my head.

... but not nearly fast enough.

I hit the gym last night and lasted one full hour. Not bad for someone who was smoking like a chimney last week! I jogged two miles, biked seven, did 100 sit ups and nine reps on three weight machines.

Can someone remind me what's so bad about drinking and smoking???

This morning, I woke up early and thought, "Well, I'll just go into work early." Perfectly awake, I strode out to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. "Getting up a bit early?" I wondered... no, I'd just be in early. I went to my closet to pick out some clothes. "It might be too early," I thought... no, I'll just - then I looked at my clock. It was 3:30am... a little too early. Now, the nice thing about mornings like that is I got three extra hours of sleep! (Humor me.)

My new computer may be finished today... but don't hold your breath. Not with my luck! Probably tomorrow. So, what is this dream machine, anyway, you're probably wondering... or not... well, either way, here are the specs:
P4 3.0GHZ 800FSB
1 Gig RAM
80Gig HD
Lite-on 4x DVD Burner
Radeon 9600 256meg


For those of you who don't know what this means, it means it is KICK ASS! And, it's only $900... um, only?...

No comments: