Thursday, May 20, 2004

Possibly, the worst news of the year...

This is one of this "Don't know how to say so I guess I'll just come out and say it" kind of things.

I think I'm becoming allergic to cats.

This is a relatively minor detail until you realize two things:

1) I've never been allergic to anything in my life.

2) I have two cats! Their names are Alacrity Fitzhugh and Bandoo Lelala.... soon to be changed to "Your ass on the street" if I don't find a solution.

So, why do I suspect I might be allergic? Well, I took yesterday off work (it started off as depression but I ended up sick as you'll see) and by mid-afternoon my nose was going crazy. I mean, pouring! Then, I went out to dinner with Sean and my nose felt better. Then, I returned home and my nose went crazy. (Oh, there's more. See the "Clock Alarm" entry next.) All night, it ran!

So, here I am at work. I'm thinking I'll know if I'm allergic if my nose behaves here but acts up once I get home. So far, I am sorry to admit, my nose stopped running once I got here. Oh, sure. It might not be allergies. It might be what laymen call "kittie overload" after spending a day with cats on me. Of course, technically, that's also called "denial".

Rosa once told me that if the cats got to be too much in my apartment, she could take them for a while... what do you think the odds are that ain't gonna happen?

Tim in San Diego has also made brief overtures to taking them off of my hands... he and I may be having a talk soon.

I just hope it's not allergies. I love cats and love my cats and would hate to lose them because my body has rejected them!

We'll see...

No comments: