Thursday, May 20, 2004

Clock alarm...

I've been having some problems with my alarm clock lately so I thought I might pick up another. The theory here was that when I was with Rosa, I also had two alarm clocks: the clock and her telling me to get up.

And so, last night after dinner with Sean, I went to Sav-on to buy one. I bought a $10 battery-operated model that I thought would suit my needs.

When I got home, I popped a battery in, set the time, and put it far across my room so I would have to walk to it to wake up in time.

At 11pm, I went to bed, thinking I'd wake up at 6:30.

But I woke up at midnight. Another night of fuck-up sleep. It started with sleepwalking Monday night. Then, Tuesday night, I kept waking up. Now, Wednesday night was turning into another night like that. So, I watched a bit (a bite) of a movie and, at 1am, went back to sleep.

And woke up at 3:30am. This time, I was halfway to the kitchen to start on my breakfast before I realized it was still dark. I walked back to the bedroom and looked at my new clock, which read 7:20pm.

... Wait. That couldn't be right.

And, in fact, it wasn't. This new clock wasn't working!

I brought it into the kitchen to grab another battery, slapped that in, and noticed that the second hand wasn't moving! What a lemon! Just great!

When I went back to bed, it was 5am. I'd spent the rest of the time sneezing and blowing my nose.

Between the loss of sleep and my newly developed allergies, I can't help think someone (Rosa) is getting a good laugh at my expense! (Or would if they read this!)

No comments: