Friday, February 20, 2004

Dream from last night...

It's taken me a while to recompose my recollections of a dream I had last night... you know, when I wasn't having nightmares or awake from them...

It's the 1800's... the old west... and I travel back in time. I meet a distant relative and start to get acclimatized to the lack of technology. But it's rather difficult and I started to think it would be nice to have some of the benefits of technology... toothbrush, razor, stereo, tv - an X-Box! Of course, to have all of this you need a generator and gasoline and you might as well bring it in your car...

As you can see, the 19th century soon met the 21st...

There was a moment when I was sharing a drink at a little soda-shop with a teenage great-grandfather, explaining to him how he didn't want to go into the 21st century. "Some things are better," I said. "But some things are worse. There's little consideration for life or for truth or for honor... not unless it can make someone a buck."

How true.

So, is that the only way I can have kids? To talk to teenage apparitions of grand-parents??????

No comments: