Friday, February 27, 2004

Dreams without Rosa...

Last night, for the first in a very long time, I had a dream without Rosa in it! Believe me, I was shocked!

So, what was this dream about, you ask?

Well, I wasn't all together... all together. I was hearing voices... my own.

Something had happened with Sean and Megan and money was a lot harder for them to come by. (Maybe he'd lost a job?) So, Megan decided to move back east and leave Sean working here. Meanwhile, instead of sleepwalking or nightmaring, I'd begun talking to myself...but with a myself only I could see and who would talk back!

So, we pick things up at Sean's place. The phone rings. I answer it. It's me on the other end.

Me on other end: I've checked out your bike. It's just fine.

(Oh, my self wanted me to stop what was happening with Sean and Megan and it wanted me to ride my bike to Washington state.)

Me: (into phone) Stop it. I won't go. It's too cold.

Sean: Who is it?

Me: It's me!

Me on other end (Moe): Have you checked with Sean? What about that coat he has?

Me: (into phone) No. It wouldn't work anyway. That coat's no good.

Sean: Who else is on the phone?

Me: Me!

Sean: So, you're talking to yourself on the phone?

Moe: What are you talking about? The coat's fine! I'm in the closet right now, looking at it! It's Gortex!

Sean: What are you saying to yourself?

Moe: And you said this was worn-down rabbit skin - It's the softest down!

Me: (to you) Why's Megan leaving?

Sean: She's going to live with her sister back east.

Me: (to you) For how long?

Sean: I don't know. A couple years... or until retirement. Why are you asking?

Me: (to you) He wants me to stop you. He's afraid you're making a big mistake, like I made when I lost Rosa. He thinks we have to stop you!

Moe: This would get us to Alaska and back!

Sean: Are you okay?

Me: Me? I'm fine. My invisible friend thinks we need to stop you or save your marriage or something. He also wants me to ride my bike to Washington!

Sean: Oh, god. You're not going to, are you?

Me: Of course not. I'm not crazy! (putting down phone) Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to look for myself in your closet.

Sean: Oh. I see. (Yelling after me.) It's a good thing you're not crazy!

No comments: