Thursday, February 19, 2004

Haven't talked about Karrie in a while...

For those of you wondering... Tim!...

Karrie went in for surgery on her tumor today. It's a lot more serious than she'd originally thought and she'll be in the hospital for at least a week.

I've known this was coming, so I've kept things cool between us. I mean, I don't want to get emotional about someone who's about to die, right? Okay, so she probably won't die but, still, I saw what Sean went through when Megan had leukemia. I don't need that right now.

So, I've been her friend.

Last night, I went over to her place after rehearsal and we sat outside and had a few cigarettes over a few hours. Yes. That's right. Sick as I am, I sat out in the cold and smoked! Fuck the world!

We had a great conversation and it was nice, with Rosa thinking the absolute worst of me, to be with someone whom I saw eye to eye. And, for just a second, I thought, "It's Rosa's loss." For just a second. Anyway, I'll be visiting her in the hospital and over her recovery period and we'll see where that goes. I'm not making any plans or thinking ahead.

It was just nice.

No comments: