Thursday, February 12, 2004

Lameness, they name is Ken... ness...

Well, I'm back at work today. Back with nose and all... well, not all. I left a great deal of it at home... in Kleenexes... but enough of that.

I was looking forward to coming in today because I was hoping to get my script bound. My script was given to me in photocopied form, two script pages per page. Others had cut their pages in half and spiral bound that bad boy up. Nice, I thought. So, when I came in today, I went to the person in charge of the binding machine... but she wasn't in. Okay. So, I went to the person next to her, who said, "I think what you do it... isn't there supposed to be?... you've got to maybe, I think there's a..."

So, I started doing it myself.

I photocopied the pages. They didn't come out straight but what's a little crookedness? Then, I cut the pages in half, dividing them into the two script pages. Sure, with the pages already crooked, this skewed the pages even further. Then, I punched holes in them. This took some getting used to and I accidentally punched the wrong side of several of the pages but I eventually got holes in all of them. Oh, sure. Most were crooked and skewed - a few were upside-down - and they had holes in the wrong places but I wasn't going to let that stop me. Then, I put them in the binder... backwards! I pulled them out of the binder, put them in order, and put them back in again. Unfortunately, the ones with the holes on the wrong side were put in reverse order but I caught this and fixed them and bound it up.

... here's to doing things yourself when you're too impatient to wait for someone who knows what they're doing.

No comments: