Friday, November 05, 2004

Shrub Won, US Nothing…

What can I say? I haven't written much these past couple of days because of this horrible feeling I have over the election of this idiot-Hitler. Bad times are coming to top the bad times we've already been through. And I find it beyond belief that with all of those who have relatives in Iraq, and all of those who have lost jobs, and all of those who have so much more to lose at his hands, Shrub could have won. I'd sooner believe I talked to God over coffee playing cribbage than to believe this… shit. And it is. It's shit.

On the upside, I found out that my brother, Dwight, did not vote for him. So, maybe there's hope?

… I doubt it, too.

In other news, I may be hearing something on the house today. Our offer was countered and we made a counter-offer of $310,000… which is an obscene amount of money, really. Less than ten years ago, I paid $150,000 for twice as much house! This place is a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse… which, by the way, Tim and Autumn, is not an invitation to tell me how much more house I could buy in Oregon. And, Rich, I know you probably bought your house for a fiver and a few beers… I don't want to hear it!

This weekend, Vicky and I are going on our trip. I'm really looking forward to it and I'd tell you all about it but it's a surprise for Vicky and I heard a rumor that she sometimes reads this Blog. Imagine! But details will follow, both about the house and the trip, next week. (Shit, I should sell subscriptions!)

As for myself, I finally realized what's been happening to me - and it's no wonder I didn't know what it was before because it's been so long since the last time it happened. I have writer's block. I can't work on anything: play, story, CD. I'm dry. It's an awful feeling… and no surprise if you consider the prolific years I've just been through.

I'm just thankful for Vicky. Can you imagine if I'd hit writer's block before she'd come along. (Four words: Late Night Phone Calls!) I told her last night how thankful I was for her…. She retorted, "What brought that on?" and I wanted to flog her to death with poo… it's just been one of those weeks.

No comments: