Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Why I mentioned "Hitchhiker's Guide"...

Okay, I'm so tired this morning (three hours sleep last night - THRILL!) that I forgot to finish one thread of my story about our little trip.

Vicky and I listened to the audio version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" on our trip read, with all the jokes immaculately timed, by the author, Douglas Adams. (This was a little creepy, seeing as how he's dead and all.) I paid close attention to Vicky through the whole thing and I can report that she did not laugh once.

Not once!

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is pretty much universally recognized as one of the funniest books ever written - and it didn't get one laugh out of Vicky.

Vicky also never laughs at any of my jokes.

So, I figure I'm in good company.

No comments: