Thursday, March 04, 2004

How being a bastard saved me from being a moron... (on stage, at least)...

Yesterday, I got a call from Kevin of Ask Kevin Products. Thankfully, I was out because he was calling to invite me to audition for The Cherry Spitz Fanclub, an improv group here in Orange County. If I'd been there, I probably wouldn't have had the guts to say no. He left me a voicemail... and I called him back.

I'm not particularly good at improvisation. Actually, and sadly, when forced to improvise, I often fall back on my family sense of humor, which is non-existent and, well, fucking stupid. Nobody in my family is funny; I'm just lucky enough to realize it.

(Note to any family members: Fine. Okay. You're a freaking clown show! But you're not funny enough to actually be entertaining, okay? And this is the point - neither am I!)

Thankfully, I'll be working on this show for the next two months. Busy. Very busy! Ah.... darn.... (he says, wiping sweat from his brow)

No comments: