Wednesday, March 31, 2004

When your subconscious talks to you... and you can't understand a word it says...

This occurred this morning, while I was asleep (which is not an enormous window of time, considering as how I only slept between 2 and 4:30am).

I'm standing in a college lecture hall and someone is talking at length about dreams. I don't know who he was but he was very familiar. The last thing he says is directed right at me and I realize that we are alone. "When people in your dreams start talking nonsense, that is your conscious and subconscious minds fighting. You are conscious of the dream state but your subconscious won't allow it the satisfaction."

Of course, I thought. That makes sense.

And right around that time it began to dawn on me...

"Now," he said, starting again, "there are sharks in the back seat."

Huh?, I thought.

And then I woke up.

No comments: